With spring time now upon us, we all know SYDNEY COMES ALIVE with loads to do around the city. You also don’t need a fat wallet to enjoy the attractions and activities that beautiful Sydney has to offer. We’ve brought you our top 25 best events coming up over Spring that has no cover fee!
1. Check out some of the free events happening at the Sydney Fringe Festival
2. Do the Bondi to Coogee walk
3. Find yourself a rare find at the weekend markets at Paddington, Bondi Beach, Rozelle & Glebe
4. Explore Sydney Harbour Islands; Cockatoo Island, Fort Denison, Shark Island & Goat Island
5. Soak up the sun and have a picnic at Centennial Park
6. Visit the award-winning authentic Carriageworks Farmers’ Markets (previously Eveleigh Farmers Markets)
7. Feast your eyes at What’s On at the Art Gallery of NSW
8. Experience Culture Beats, one of Darling Harbours’ many free cultural festivals proudly celebration Australia’s diversity from music, dance and culture, to distinct arts and cuisines.
9. Experience tranquillity at the Royal Botanic Gardens
10. Spot sea marine at Shelly Beach
11. Feeling romantic? Bring a blanky and snuggle up under the stars at the Silent Outdoor Cinema at World Square
12. Busk in the spring sunshine with a beer in hand at the Surry Hills Festival
13. Delve into all the excitement of the circus right on Darling Harbour with Cirque Septembre, admire breathtaking aerial acts, be dazzled by fire and marvel at the amazing Wheel of Steel every Saturday night in September
14. Visit the Art & About Australian Life- a gallery of twenty two thought-provoking photographs, submitted in competition for the $10k Australian Life Prize
15. Springtime in Sydney has a new soundtrack, check out Art & About Sydney- The Terrace. For nine nights Sydney Town Hall Terrace becomes a backdrop for a garden bar with the best live music the city has to offer-and it’s all free!
16. Step into a world of towering bamboo at the Art & About Sydney- Near Kin Kin by Cave Urban. This breathtaking sculpture draws its name, inspiration, and organic materials from a humble hillside farm outside of Kin Kin QLD- where prodigious stands of bamboo invoke awe in anyone who stands beneath them.
17. Check out the longest running street art event Project Five Volume 7
18. Get amongst the laneways of Chippendale, Kensington Street & ‘Chippendale Green’ public park at Beams Art Festival. This multi-disciplinary festival with a variety of art forms shines a light on the historical and cultural significance of this inner city hotspot.
19. Vulture some culture at the Museum of Contemporary Art for its Primavera exhibition, a showcase for artists under 35.
20. Check out Sculpture by the Sea- with over 100 sculptures transform the Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk to a temporary sculpture park
21. Check out Fiesta- celebrating all things LATIN! Latin music, dance, food and culture as it heats up around Darling Harbour
22. Take a night-time bike ride like no other at Light the City. With light installations and special effects on a 2.5 km loop in the heart of the city
23. Check out the largest Spring Fair on the North Shore Willoughby Spring Festival
24. Experience the very best in Taiwanese Culture and Cuisine at the Taiwanese Festival 2015 in Darling Harbour
25. Chill out in Chippendale at the Brewery Yard Markets with free live entertainment and delicious eats!